It’s time to build relationships and trust, to exchange ideas, and to explore adaptive water strategies for managing drought at the triple point of New Mexico, Texas, and Chihuahua.
In cooperation with Las Cruces Utilities, El Paso Water, Texas Water Resources Institute,
International Boundary and Water Commission, ReNUWIt, and U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.
Thank You for Coming! It was great Summit!
The host and co-hosts would like to thank everyone who attended and participated in the Two Nations One Water Summit in Las Cruces on April 23-25, 2019.
There were many great presentations, panel discussions and roundtable dialogues. A solid foundation was laid for future collaborations on water management at the triple point of New Mexico, Texas, and Chihuahua.
Below are links to speaker presentations for which we have permission to post, as well as the results and final notes from the A through H breakout sessions on 4/25/19
Speaker Presentations Here
A-H Breakout Results Here
All photos by Josh Bachman, NMSU
Between 250-300 attendees and speakers attended this two-day conference.
• academic institutions
• local, federal and international agencies
• border communities
• professional consultants
• field engineers
• water planners and managers
• private industry
A robust program of presentations and panel discussions.
Some of the topics included:
• Climate change and the Rio Grande
• Understanding transboundary aquifers
• Innovative technologies for new water supplies
• Lessons from experiences throughout the West
• Embracing One Water
• Water policy to address change
• Managing salinity
Full Agenda Here
More than 40 speakers, panelists and moderators will brought the most current information, fresh ideas, and a look at the realities that face this Triple Point region now, and in the years to come.
• John D’Antonio, New Mexico State Engineer (invited)
• Jayne Harkins, US Commissioner of the International Boundary and Water Commission
• Mike Hightower, University of New Mexico, New Mexico Desalination Assn.
General admission $50/person
At the door $100/person
Full refunds up to 15 days before event.
Optional Field Trip
Brackish Groundwater National Desalination Research Facility (BGNDR)F), Alamogordo, NM
Departs from NM Farm & Ranch Museum, Las Cruces, NM
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
1pm to 5:30pm MST